Teaching Assistant (17.5 hours) & Parent Support Advisor (10 hours)
The Governors of our friendly, hard-working school wish to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant and Parent Support Adviser to provide outstanding support to our children and families. We would love to hear from you if you are already in a Parent Support Advisor role, or if you are an experienced Teaching Assistant ready to take the next step in their careers by stepping into a PSA position. Ideally, we are looking for one candidate but would consider job share.
Our Governors are looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about improving learning opportunities for all children within a creative curriculum
- Able to form positive relationships and foster the characteristics of effective learning
- Committed to valuing and supporting the development of each child
- Flexible, caring and enthusiastic, with a strong commitment to teamwork
- Able to work purposefully and collaboratively with children, young people and families
- Well organised and able to work co-operatively with other professionals
- Experienced in successfully reaching families and communities who are less likely to access services
- Experienced in providing advice, information and guidance to all families within our school community
- Trained in First Aid and Team Teach, or willing to undertake training
We will offer you:
- A happy school where children enjoy learning and achieving.
- A dedicated and friendly staff and a supportive Governing Body.
- A firm commitment to your continued professional development.
- A supportive Headteacher with a passion to ensure all children achieve their full potential.
- Full support from our experienced SENCo.
- A strong community with good links to the local church and schools.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact our School Office to arrange an appointment.
St Andrew’s CE VA Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure And Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
Hours of work: Hours per week: 17.5 hours as TA (am) and 10 hours as PSA (pm)
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date (and time): Friday 5 November at 9am
Interview date: Tuesday 9 November
Commencement date: as soon as possible